Lisa Thiele (tee-lee), the Gluten-free Entertainer
Writer, photographer and the hostess of With Style and Grace
Inspiring a new way of healthy living with easy and delicious gluten-free recipes. Helping every host/hostess accommodate guests with food allergies. Making gluten-free easy and attainable for the every day cook.
Me + my story.
A little over two years ago I was working in advertising, a high stress job when I had horrible health scare that landed me in the hospital for a long period of time. Through the rehabilitation process, they discovered there was damage to my intestines and gluten was the first to go. As I worked to rebuild my strength I started blogging, more as a creative outlet. I taught myself how to cook and bake, a new world I quickly fell in love with. My mom offered me her old DSLR camera, that way I could share my creations with the world. The blog has certainly evolved since. I now aim to capture the beauty of gluten-free, provide easy, yet delicious recipes, help every host(ess) incorporate allergy-free options into their menu and hope to inspire a happy & healthy life.
I love everything about it. I’m constantly in the kitchen
making a mess testing various recipes. I believe there’s incredible beauty in food and I try and capture that in my photographs. I grew up in a very healthy family, both my parents are incredible cooks and outstanding hosts. I share mostly naturally gluten-freerecipes, which are all listed here and of course, an entire gluten-free section, right here.
Note: This blog has evolved to be gluten-free, so you’ll still find recipes that contain gluten.
Hosting an event, small or big is an art. Coordinating all the details from the invitations to the food, cocktails, lighting, table settings, etc. is something that has always and continues to bring me great joy. Whether it’s hosting an afternoon brunch with close friends or a dinner with a group of colleagues, there’s always a reason to celebrate.
Here’s a few random facts/insights about me…
- I go to bed every night excited for breakfast.
- There’s always a bottle of white wine and champagne in the fridge. Red wine is stocked on the wine rack. Always prepared.
- I could eat popcorn every night with a glass of wine and be the happiest girl, ever.
- It all started with my Easy Bake Oven at age 7.
- Wine & coffee are the two things I will never give up.
- I don’t think I’ve ever walked out of Anthropologie without buying something, usually dishware.
- I don’t like oysters, kimchi or mayonnaise.
- I’m active [usually running] 6 days a week.
- I love big hair, but love even more when someone else does it for me.
- If I had to pick between sweet potatoes and cupcakes, I would choose sweet potatoes. Sadly, I’m not kidding.
- I may have put the almond butter back in the fridge with the spoon still in it.
- I’m always barefoot <when at home> and will freeze before I put socks on.